Sunday, January 10, 2010

... And here comes the first one: Format issues

Well,
anyone that visit the site now maybe notice that I put "None of Puppy's albums can be found on xTunes". This is because actually I am against Low-Fi, I don't like the quality of legal or illegal downloads, so for the moment, and for a long (I think) period of time, as well as my music comes out, it only could be available in physical format, (it means) cd or vinyl pressings.

I think that people deserves the best audio quality possible to be produced. The market only goes to where the company's owners wish to end, and that is their swiss bank accounts, not the final consumer ears. We are talking about music, not yellow press newspapers that could be used as "toilette" paper. This is, if you like, a statement.

Musicians, producers and sound engineers works very hard to have the final mix. And a lot of money is wasted on the recording process... So, why to transform an (i.e.) U$S 20.000 production into a U$S 0.10 value? When music is recorded, the intention is to meet the highest quality standards, so it haven't any common sense to destroy that just for some people misguiding about audio (and good taste)!

At least by now I have not found a reliable (in quality) way of legal download that satisfy my requirements, so we (my producing team) do that way. I hope the delays in putting the music out could be reduced as much as we can.

Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment